side bars

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Challenge

Are you ready for some My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose?  That is the featured line over at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking for the month of April.  Melissa and I were given identical paper this time and asked to come up with our own take on the Scrapbook & Cards Today Calender sketch for the month of April.  I'm really liking how this turned out.

I chose a sepia photo for this paper line as it is just begging to be distressed.  I used the Sew Easy to stitch along the left side of my layout. Used a Tattered Angel;s stamp for the journaling box.  I am just loving the new Tattered Angel's glimmer chips, and chose a dove for my embellishment.  My title is Basic Grey stickers from the Capella line.  The "&" symbol is a thicker that I used Distress Stickles on (peeled paint) and then used clear embossing powder over - but I used too much Versa Mark ink - I was in a hurry so the clear embossing looks rather dull and not shiny ... but I like the way it turned out.  The flowers this time are made with leftover scraps and the George cartridge on my Cricut topped with a Prima centre and a Making Memories brad.


The journaling reads:
A rate moment when you two are getting along.  Vanessa is always putting the choke hold on you Nigel. January 2011




Remember all month long at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking all My Mind's Eye will be on sale 10% off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails