side bars

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Circle Punch flower - tutorial

Here is a tutorial on a flower I have recently made - I've been calling it a "water flower" but it would more accurately be called a Circle Punch flower.  I was calling it water flower because you use a water mister to make the petals wet so they are malleable.

You will need:

- patterned paper or cardstock
- circle punch (I used 1 1/8")
- water mister
- distress ink
- stapler
- button for centre

Step OnePunch 7 circles.  Six will be the petals, one will be the base.

 
 

Step Two

Mist the 6 circles with water, then ink with distress ink on the edges.  Remember that Distress ink reacts to water, this gives a neat effect on the petals.


Step Three

Fold a pleat into each of the six moist circle petals and secure with a staple at the base of the pleat.

Step Four

Staple each of the petals onto the base circle.  Work in a clockwise fashion overlapping the previous petal.







Step Five


Create a centre to your flower.  You can use a large brad or I have used buttons with twine.





Voila, you now have a pretty little dimensional flower!

Let me know what you think - become a follower of the blog - I'm always posting nifty stuff :o)



6 comments:

  1. Wow....what a cute idea. I bet it would be very cute with Glimmer Mists also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your blog! I absolutely love this flower. I want to go home tonight & try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to make one of these last night (didn't turn out quite as pretty as yours, but I will keep practicing.) Thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea!!! I love it and I love dimentional flowers. Gonna be giving this one a try.

    Yvonne :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails