side bars

Thursday, April 14, 2011

In a sticky situation ...

I'm really starting to get frustrated with ADHESIVE!  I love my Ad-Tech from Walmart, it's so easy to use, very affordable and I find I can remove it without tearing until it sets... but ... it's that whole remove it without tearing that makes me hate it too, it doesn't seem to hold up the test of time.  So, I went to Tombow for a while - and it's pretty much the same.  Then I tried out the Tombow Multi liquid and while it is VERY strong, man is it messy (or maybe it's just the operator)  Now I"m onto the Glue Glider Pro - and I just ordered it's big sister the Glue Pro Max .... sigh ... I'm just not sure what to use anymore.

So ... here is my request:

Please leave me a comment here and let me know what you like, what you hate, and why.  Maybe you have tried and failed like me, maybe you have a favorite I should try.

And here is the prize - I will put together an assorted package of little goodies - including some of my handmade flowers for your efforts and draw a random name from the entries.

Looking forward to your comments!





7 comments:

  1. I am a total tomb mono liquid girl. Used tape runners years ago, tried it once and never looked back. If you want a tape runner, I hear the ATG gun is da bomb. The dispenser is expensive at first but, at the end of the day, the adhesive is significantly cheaper than the glue glider with a better stick.

    Oh ... And yes. It's the operator. *wink*. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried a number of different tape runners too, and found the SU ones to be the best quality for ease of use (no jamming) and stickiness. If you find something better, let me know as I'm always looking for cheaper ways to glue if possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tries out an ATG gun yesterday. I likes it. Easy to use despite it's size and look. Not mention super sticky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. And refills are super cheap too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could write a book about adhesives, personally I dislike tape runners they are too expensive for me. I use zip dry, tombow white & blue top, tombow glue stick, glue dots, & 3-L mounting squares. I have different uses for each.
    Saw some great layouts from both you gals at Emma's today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My personal favourite (right now) is my ATG. I have the Glue Glider Pro and have had nothing but problems with it...I have had the tape snap part way through the roll...it can be very difficult to advance the tape once it get so far through the roll.

    Another of my favourites is Tombo Mono Dots adhesive. Got that for free one year at CKC Buffalo and loved it.

    I have also just discovered Scotch Quick Dry adhesive. It is a liquid and is photo safe. Great for glueing flowers onto cards and layouts.

    HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see the input on glues. I have a bin full of all different kinds, they either don't stick, don't hold are way to messy. Good runners seem to be the hardest to find, does anyone know where I might be able to find the KOKUYO DOT N ROLLER and/or the refills.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails