side bars

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day projects ...

OK, so if scrapbook paper sits in your stash for two years, does that make it Vintage?  I had allmost all of the entire collection of Basic Grey's Bittersweet still untouched.  I had done a layout or two and I think maybe a card or two as well.  But for the most part I hadn't used this collection for anything.  I promised my sister that I would help her make a Valentine card for her man on Sunday, so I thought I would pull out all the valentine papers and embellies that I tend to collect and rarely use.

That being said, I made two cards (six actually, as I made three of each design - I find it easier to make multiples of the same card when I am designing it) and a layout.

The layout I'm calling LOVE ROCK; and the photo is of some "shiny rocks" as my daughter calls them.  They were part of a centerpiece to a wedding I went to years ago (Julia & Rob).  I had put the rocks into my daughter's sand box and photographed them ... anyway, not a very exciting photo, but was a neat shot.

I tried a minimalist approach to this layout - my husband says it's missing something ... I dunno, I think it's done.

I glimmer misted an American Crafts rose ribbon - it started out white ... I love glimmer mist!  Of course more stitching on this one too!




Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. i think its done too. Very pretty. I loved that line.

    -Mellisa

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails