side bars

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Challenge - featuring Bo Bunny's Peacock Lane

Well hello there! 


Over at Auntie Em's we will be doing a monthly challenge with the  Sketch Calendar from Scrapbook & Card Today and  Page Maps.  This month Emma challenged us with Bo Bunny's Peacock Lane.  And as many of you will know I'm a huge fan of that paper line, love the colours, the whimsy of it, and everything about it!  I was very excited to work with this line ... until that is that I took a look at the sketch .... FOUR PHOTOS???!!!! So not my expertise!  So, I sent my daughter off on a fashion shoot - in the hallway - being sure to pick an outfit that would match the paper line perfectly (thank you Osh Kosh!)

Be sure to check out both designer's takes on this Page Map here at Auntie Em's brand new blog!  Leave a comment, become a follower!


I started with Kiwi Double Dot as my background and stitched around the edges, and layed several colour blocks with the patterned papers.  I cut out one of the images from the Cutout sheet for my journaling.  I'm not really liking the quality of the rub-on, but it might be because it got too hot or too cold in the last few months.  I used my I-rock gem setter and changed the colour of the gems with a Sharpie!!  I used some Doodlebug Designs Sugar Coating sparkles on some random chipboard letters I had for my title.  A little piece of a Webster's Pages Bloomer and some Prima flowers (the ones that I won on their web cast a few months back) I think it turned out alright!

The journaling reads:

"Vanessa you are ... Adorable, Beautiful, Care free, Devilsih sometimes, Eager, Funny"



I can't wait to see Mellisa's creation, and yours too!!  Be sure to email them to Emma at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking & Beading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails