side bars

Monday, February 21, 2011

Mmm... it was a good ham!

OK, time for something totally NOT about scrapbooking!

Last night I cooked a brown sugar glazed ham (bone still in) and I must add, it was probably the best ham I've ever had the pleasure of eating!

Normally I would have studed the entire ham with whole cloves. But this time I got lazy and just threw a handful of cloves into the pan, two bay leaves and filled the pan about 1/4 full with water.  I put the ham on a rack so that it was suspended into the water but not sitting on the bottom of the roasting pan.  I packed brown sugar onto the top of the bone ... 2 hours in the oven, and WOW!!!



So yummy that I saved all the pan drippings for the next day - I put the broth into a ziplock bag in the fridge so any fat would float to the top and when I cut the corner off the bottom of the bag to release the liquid into my crockpot all the fat stayed in the bag!!

Well now in the crockpot I have a combination of: 
  • Ham stock
  • Rice
  • Lentils
  • White Beans
  • Barley
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Chopped ham
Nothing better than having a wonderful meal one night and a terrific soup the next huh?

1 comment:

  1. I do dthe same in the crock pot, cover the bottom of the pot with brown sugar & put in the ham , so yummy & so easy!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails