side bars

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Such a Pretty Girl - double page layout

I had some terrific photos on my husband's cell phone camera of my daughter in a yellow dress and sweater against a blossoming cherry tree.  However the resolution on his cell phone is pretty poor, so I knew I had to keep the photos small.  I think it turned out quite well.

I used Basic Grey's Porcelain line.  I tried my hand at paper quilling some flowers - they turned out great and I will definitely do that again.  I'll post a tutorial soon on paper quilling; once I perfect the art. I made the large flower as well. I thought the string of pearls lent well with these papers.  I used a stamp from Technique Tuesday for the pocket watch and used Tim Holtz Crackle Accents to create the broken face to it. A Prima pebble, and some Say It In Pearls along with some clear Bo Bunny Chunky Charms. I stitched alot on this layout, little bits here and there, around the photos and on the scalloped circle and on the banner pieces.  I used some Basic Grey rub-ons from the Sugared collection.


PAGE TWO
Let me know what you think :o)  Become a follower!

1 comment:

  1. I really like what you did on these layout! I love all the busyness of the papers and photos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails