side bars

Friday, March 21, 2014

This Moment - Sister's - same last name no more ...

This is one of my favorite photos from my wedding - it was very impromptu and un-rehearsed, my sister put her elbows on my shoulders and folded her hands on my head.  It was an amazing moment captured.  This was the last day that we both shared the same last name.  Both of us are now married and have started families of our own.  Photographs are an amazing tool to capture a memory.  The background sheet is from the Ledger pad, and I used the new Stationer's Desk collection from Prima for this layout, and coloured up a Paintable ATC card with Distress Markers and Perfect Pearls (sorry about the glare).  I coloured some Scrap FX chipboard pieces with Twinkling H2O's (wow let me tell you that the pigment in those things is amazing!) and used Ranger's Rock Candy crackle on top.  I used various Prima stamps all over the background and a Tim Holtz stencil with heavy gesso, the finishing touch was Say It In Crystals from the same Stationer's Desk collection - I had my doubts that they matched as they looked too light - but they match perfectly!  The flowers are all Prima as well.

 
 


Let me know what you think of this layout - I love to hear your comments.  And just a heads up - I will be selecting a winner from one of my comments when my page views reaches 40Kwhich is very soon ... just sayin'!

4 comments:

  1. Those impromptu photos are always the best. What a pretty pair of sisters you 2 make and you were a lovely bride. I really enjoy getting to see your work. It is such a treat for you are very talented. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Lorena!!!! Your scrapbook page is AMAZING!!!!! I LOVE the picture and the soft patterned paper! Everything is wonderful! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous LO - gorgeous papers and what a wonderful memory. Finally been able to follow your blog, google friend connect is working again :-)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails