side bars

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A birthday party she will never forget - You Are My Happy

I instantly fell in love with the colour combination of Teresa Collins' collection You Are My Happy - very very me!  I also wanted to try my hand at the uber trendy Pocket Scrapbooking that everyone seems to be doing.  My daughter turned 5 in March - and I have several photos from the party, but most of them turned out blurry and or poor lighting, so I decided to use the multiple photos and put together a few pocket pages.  I was so excited about this project, I bought the collection package of papers and nearly all of the embellishments!  So, my first task was to match up some ribbon and trim and flowers that will work with this collection.  I kept everything fairly simple, and didn't junk it up too much, I used Vintage Photo distress ink on the edges.

So, Lorena, do you like Pocket Scrapbooking?  I would say yes - it is a great way to scrap a heap of photos for a theme or event, it allows you to use many photos.  It reminds me of card making actually, filling all the little pockets with well balanced colour co-ordinated pieces.  What is the best part of working with a collection for pocket scrapbooking?  That the backs are already colour co-ordinated for you to continue to build your 'flip side' scrapping!
 
 
 

Tell me what you think of this collection .... tell me what you think of the pocket pages - is it something you have tried?  Are you thinking about trying it now that you have seen my first attempt?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails