side bars

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

From Her Nose To Her Toes, she is my Doppelganger - Layout

One night while trying to fall asleep I came up with the idea for this layout.  My daughter is always asking me to paint her toenails so I thought I would do mine at the same time and take a photo of it.  I did edit the photo as I wanted to highlight the colour of the polish; so I used sepia and kept the colour of the nails. The larger photo is actually a shot of her begging for ice cream at a chip stand.  Hence the little spot on her top lip... but I loved this shot as neither of us were looking directly at the camera.

I used Basic Grey's Bitterweet collection for this.  I've had that particular collection kicking around for quite some time, it's not often you can use something that is intended for Valentines Day that's not "love" related, but I love the rich pinks in this line.  I used Basic Grey's Milk Chocolate chip alphas, a couple of Prima blooms and some Bo Bunny brads.  I used the alpha stickers that came with the collection pack for on the photos.  I also used Doodlebug rub-ons for on the photos too.  I used my Cricut and the Storybook cartridge for the scrolling at the corners of the album.  Martha Stewart's lace punch and some Ranger ink and that's it!

I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think.  Become a follower of this blog on Facebook and you will get a notification every time I post something new.  It's easy just click on "Follow" on the right hand side under Networked Blogs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails