side bars

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree - Layout

Aside from all the Cricut cutting this was one of the quickest layouts I've ever done!  But trust me, I used the Cricut ALOT on this one.


This is my husband and my son.  There is a little bit more to the title than just the similarities between them.  This photo was taken at an apple orchard :o)


I used Basic Grey's Archaic line paper for the background, and some Blitzen (yes Christmas) for some of the leaves on the tree, some other scraps that I had for the rest of the tree and apple.  I love my Dymo Tape machine... quite the find in my parent's basement I might say.  Dad really was a collector he has every colour of dymo tape that they ever made, and no less than four machines! This is the first time I have ever distressed the sides of a photo or inked it, I like it!  I tried my hand at some calligraphy - I'll keep practicing! Loving the corrugated paper that I picked up at the dollar store.  I think I might try making some letters out of it next! I used some stickles on the apple as well to highlight the seeds.

My husband loved this layout so much that he asked me to do an identical layout of him and his first son ... I'm nearly done it, and he is still scouring over all the photos that he has to choose from for the perfect one.  I love it when he gets into my work - warm fuzzy feeling!


Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. great job!! really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so scraplifting this one. Love it! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails