I am a HUGE fan of the online photo editing program Picnik, I do all my photo editing in it, resizing, watermarking, touch-ups; everything. So when I got a notice from Picnik that they were closing, and have sold to Google + I was very worried. I immediately opened up a Google + account (not because I want to replace Facebook, believe me, I spend enough time on Facebook that I don't need to have to be watching and updating my Google + too). My mission was to find where Google + has tucked Picnik into their virtual Facebook carbon copy of a social networking site. That was my mission ... and it stayed like that, in the planning phase, for about 3 months. The April 19th deadline is now tomorrow, and I thought maybe I should figure out where Picnik (if it is the same) is now hiding. Good news, I found it, and even better news, it looks virtually the same - there are a few minor differences, but the major things are still there ***WHEW*** Don't get me wrong, I also own PhotoShop, but I'll have to take a 3 week course to figure out how to use that. That's what I loved about Picnik, it was so simple yet powerful and intuitive!
Now, if you are curious as to where to find it in Google + I have put together (mostly for myself) a step-by-step on how to get there and save/edit photos.
If you would like me to email you a copy of this, please send me an email and I will forward onto you. MailboxLorena@aol.com
Login to your google + account
1) on left hand side (greyed out) bottom, click on "more"
2) first tab - click on Photos
3) top right - click on "upload new photos" (at this point things should start to look familiar to picnik)
4) it will ask you to create an album - you will notice if you have a Blogger account your images will show up here too. Press cancel once uploaded or else it will paste to your Google + profile.
5) once you have the photo that you want to edit uploaded - double click on the photo.
6) above your image click on "Creative Kit" this is the old Picnik - a few tweaks but same same.
There you have it! This will auto save them to your Google + account, if you want to save the photo to your computer, just "right click" over the photo and "save as"
Let me know if this is helpful!