side bars

Friday, June 4, 2010

Been a busy few weeks

Wow, it's been a busy two weeks in our house here. My husband's son came for a visit from Germany, so we have been on the go go go... but I did get some time in to put together a layout with him. He is 11 and a pretty good crafter I might add. I had a basic plan in my head and I let him choose colours and papers. I tried to incorporate as many different techniques as possible to show him what all you can do with scrapbooking. So, we heat embossed; stamped; used paper; ribbon; buttons; glimmer mist; brads and even stamped his hand prints onto the page all that mixed with a little distressing ink and blamo you have a very colourful yet rudimentary layout. I managed to get a photo of it before mounting it into a frame so he could give it to his Mother as a gift. I also included a Thank You card that I had made.
I think he did a fine job for his first layout if I may say so!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails