side bars

Monday, June 21, 2010

Green tip (nothing to do with scrapbooking)

I was asked to come up with some Green Tips by a local radio station.  I use to be HUGE into the whole Green movement when I was a teenager and into my 20's.  I've realized I've fallen off that bandwagon a little (regretfully).  I think it has to do with having children.  I tried - half heartedly - to do the washable diapers - I found that I was on the go too much and didn't want to be toting soiled diapers with me for hours.  I did (do) breastfeed, I buy second hand clothes, I bathe the kids together.  So, I guess there are a few things that I do for the better of the environment.  But I certainly could be better.

So... that being said, here is what my response was to the question asked of - What are your Green Tips?

Keep those Green shopping bags in the car rather than your kitchen. You are more likely to use them if you have them with you at all times. Use a ca lander to your advantage. Since I live out in the country, I try to plan my shopping around appointments and other reasons that I need to go into the city anyway. Hang dry your heavy laundry items. Lets face it, we can't or don't hang our underwear out on the line for the neighbourhood to see; but we could hang our towels and jeans. Those are the items that the dryer has to work harder at drying anyway. Things like undergarments and blouses are quicker in the dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails