side bars

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mixed Media Canvas

I have been trying my hand at mixed media recently.  Mostly by adding some mixed media products into my scrapbooking repertoire.  I have recently done two canvas pieces.  The first of which I wanted to showcase black gesso.  I then sprayed some Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold Lame through a stencil and then used a similar stencil in a smaller size with molding paste.  Burlap trim and some Prima flowers.
 
 
 
 
 


My second canvas was inspired from a mixture of Live With Prima classes and a canvas that Donna has posted on her blog.  I recently picked up two of the Donna Downey poppy stamps - they are a few years old, but I still liked them.  I coloured my background with gelatoes, then glued a napkin down with clear gel medium making sure it was all wrinkly.  I then used a mixture of gelatoes and paint on the stamps, and more paint mixed with water to make it drip for the stems.  I painted on some leaves and doodle outlined all the flowers, stems and leaves with my Pitt pen. I stamped a sentiment with some black Staz On.  I love how this turned out!

 
 

 
 
 
Well there you have it folks, my 3rd and 4th canvas' ever ... I'm enjoying the process.  I even entered the Poppy one into a contest.  Wish me luck!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. OMG Lorena!!!! Theses are both beautiful!!!! I LOVE the first one with the mix of gesso and gold stencilling!!!! Bravo! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails