side bars

Monday, October 15, 2012

Crop & Create Ottawa 2012

I had the absolute pleasure of attending Crop & Create Ottawa 2012 a few weeks ago.  Crop & Create is an annual scrapbooking even hosted by Scrapbook & Cards Today.  They travel across Canada hitting up major cities and this year Ottawa was on their scrapbooking radar.  It is a weekend of cropping, fun challenges, classes,  and make n' takes.  During the weekend I took in one class by the ever amazing Kelly Goree, I was super happy with the results (but have yet to put photos on those layouts that I completed).  I took part in most of the challenges they had going on. Here are a few of the layouts that I entered.

The first layout is called Little Squirt - this was a sketch challenge, and I stretched the sketch over two pages.  I used the For The Record collection by Echo Park for both of these layouts.



 
The second layout, I titled Youthful, was a colour palette challenge and I decided to do a photo of my mother in her youth.  She is going through a very tough time right now, and I might just give her this layout to brighten her day.

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Both sets of pix and design are great. Mom will be thrilled to have something like this, trust me, I'm a Mom and still have the desk blotter my daughter scrapped for me six years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She never got to see this layout - I know she would have loved it ... she died on October 25th, just 10 days after I posted this layout online. I miss her dearly. She was a big fan of my scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails