side bars

Friday, March 9, 2012

A little Cock-A-Doodle-doo for you!

Kaisercraft has come out with a very different collection in their Cock-a-doodle-doo line, very down on the farm and country.  You would think that me living in the rural place that I do I would have tones of farm photos?  Instead I took the 'little piggy' idea and ran with it and scrapped a photo of my daughter's feet that we had done when she was only a few months old.  I love this photo and it was perfect for what I had in mind ... although I know this is totally NOT what Tina was looking for when she provided me with Kaisercraft's farm papers.  Don't worry Tina, I will do another layout with a farm photo on it for you.
This Little Piggy



For this layout I wanted to keep it soft and girly but keep the focus on the piggy and of course the play on words with my daughter's toes.  I copped a circle in half and added some gathered boarder punch around the edge to look like a lace doily.  I love that banners are back (or did they ever really go out of style?) so I used some VERY old paper from my stash that matched perfectly with the colours I had going on here for the scalloped edge around the banners.  I used some houndstooth paper from the Jillibean Soup Christmas Eve Chowder collection if you can believe that! And look at that, I even fussy cut the cute little piggy - and stuck on a two-holed button to pop up his nose.

Keep your eye on this blog as I will be doing another layout with some actual farm photos from a trip we made to Quebec to visit a friend's organic farm two summers ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails