side bars

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Give this girl a challenge .... see what you get?

I thought I could make a simple yet elegant card for Auntie Em's card exchange.  This is the first time I've participated in it, so I really don't know what to expect from it.  So, how it works is that there are 20 participants and each person is assigned a 'theme' for their particular card - a sentiment of sorts - and you make 20 of the same card and then exchange with the other 19 participants - thus getting one each of everyone's cards.  The sentiment that I got was "get well soon", and all I know is that making 20 of the same card gets real tedious!  However, I usually do my cards in at least two of the same design as I do them - but not in 20's, not unless it's Christmas ... and even with Christmas I've taken to doing several different designs and only two or three of the same card.

Anyway, enough kvetching already huh?

I had some amazing paper from Basic Grey - a very old line that I found when I was cleaning out my stash; from the Lucky collection - Karma - a beautiful multi tonal purple and green floral print.  I used that as the background for my sentiment and popped up part of the sentiment.  I layered the Stampin' Up owl punch to make my tulips and inked them with Tattered Rose distress ink and Stampin' Up whisper white Craft ink for depth.  I freehand cut the leaves and stem of the flower and used my Copic's to add dimension (YG13 & YG23). The fence is cut on my Cricut with the Potpourri Basket cartridge and stamped with a wholegrain stamp for texture in Antique Linen distress ink. 

The inside of the card is two Stampin' Up stamps layer in distress inks (Antique Linen = tree & sentiment in Black Soot)  Again I used my copics to add some colour to the flowers on the tree (R20 & E04).  Then added some clear embossing to three of the flowers to add some dimension.  Distressing the inside of the card (Tattered Rose & Antique Linen) finished them off.  I repeated the tree on the envelope.  A stampin' Up demonstrator, Josee Smuck, once said to me that she never leaves an envelope naked - and well that kinda stuck with me!


3 comments:

  1. Love it! Really beautiful card Lorena! What on earth are copics though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that SU stamp! great colour choices.
    @Jenni...Copics are artist quality blendable markers that anime artists use to colour. they are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Lorena! Nice to hear that what I say makes a difference! :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails