side bars

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Echo Park - Merry Christmas - stocking

Well hello there! 

I got the chance to work with the new Christmas collection pack from Echo Park - Merry Christmas.  I just love the traditional colours of mossy green and deep russet red, when they threw in some chocolate brown I was ... well, tickled pink!  I absolutely adore the music sheets there are in this collection.  I have so many plans for them. 

In the meantime I put together this little stocking project.  With a little gingerbread man escaping down from a dangling ornament. 


I created the stocking with a blanket stitch all the way around the perimeter and added the toe and heal in a contrasting green polka dot, and used a crimper on some plain white cardstock to add some texture for the top. 

I couldn't find a perfect match to the mossy green in the stickles that I had, so I mixed bronze, green and black together and painted it onto the edges of the holly leaves.  I added some red stickles and red gems to the berries of the holly. 

I used Glossy Accents on the candy canes to give them a shine like real candy.  The gingerbread man is traced with glitter and accented with brads for his eyes and buttons. 

I wanted to make the Christmas ornament pop, so I used a technique that I've done before when making pumpkins at Halloween, by cutting strips of patterned paper and gathering at the top and bottom with a brad and then spreading the strips apart to form a half ball.  This technique works well with ribbon too!

Thanks for looking and come back any time!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous job Lorena! I love the stocking,and your gingerbread man escaping is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your site and I have to say I love your creations!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails